A5: Peace & Butterflies



For my Xerox art, I decided to focus on the Pop Art movement because Peter Max is by far my favorite artist.  I was inspired to create a peace sign because most of his work revolves around peace, seeing the Pop Art movement was going on in the hippy generation. I thought it was best to use my hands to create the circle, showing unity among multiple hands.  I did not want to just incorporate my hands, so I used my feet to create the inner part of the peace sign.  To me, the feet symbolize steps forward to a peaceful world.  I also used to hands to create butterflies, which were inspired by the doves that Peter Max uses in a lot of his artwork.  Overall, this was a fun project to do.  I had a picture taken of me next to my artwork to show how big the piece actually is!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

X2: ASCII Art

Music B5

A4 Grid Art: Flower