X2: ASCII Art


ASCII art consists of a table of numbers and corresponding symbols.  However, ASCII uses letters, numbers, and control codes as well, but there are no graphics whatsoever used within ASCII artworks.  I find this to be very interesting seeing now you can do just about anything with graphic art on a computer.

        I observed an ASCII work of art that was in the shape of a dog’s head, showing only ¾ of the dogs face with the tongue out.  It is interesting to me that just using letters and symbols on a keyboard can create such a lovely form of art.  However, I realized when you really take a look at the artwork, you do not see the details, but when you take a step back and don’t focus too much on one part of the dog head, you can see the eyes and the whites of the eyes as well as the glistening of the tongue and all.  

        I personally find ASCII art to be beautifully complex, yet so simple.  How just a couple of mixtures of letters and symbols can create such a perfect piece of art amazes me.  I found that creating these grid art works by hand is so time consuming and the advancement of grid art to ASCII art on the computer makes the process go much quicker, while still creating a masterpiece.



Comments

  1. This is the first grid art project I have seen being made electronically in our class. You did a really good job showing the detail of the wolf. It honestly looks perfect, and the outline you made of the wolf helps show the depth of detail

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Music B5

A4 Grid Art: Flower